Music Forums

Forums > Guitar > learning guitar

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hi everyone ! My name's Badr and I'm a producer...and I want to learn guitar but I find it difficult to find the right course to do so, I hope if someone know some good YouTube courses or something that can be helpful for me , Thank you
#3760 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:02 am
Hi everyone ! My name's Badr and I'm a producer...and I want to learn guitar but I find it difficult to find the right course to do so, I hope if someone know some good YouTube courses or something that can be helpful for me , Thank you

Originally posted by BadrObra on Fri 11 Jan, 2019

Hi, Badr. Great choice of instrument! :)

It's definitely hard to say what the "right course" would be for you, but for sure, YouTube has millions of candidates. 

I don't know what your goals are or preferred style, etc., but my suggestion would be this. Rather than looking for the right course, look for any single, or small set of lessons that can get you up and running quickly. Learn the basics first and keep it simple. Once you get things going a bit, you will have better idea of what you want to do next and can search more specifically for a short course.

Chords would be the best place to start imho. Then moving swiftly on to arpeggios and finger tapping. 

Check out the vid below. Not sure if its any good but looks fine from what I briefly saw. There were plenty of others if this one doesn't suite.  

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions. We have plenty of guitarists around here who will surely discredit me and provide you with much better advice. 

Enjoy the journey..! 

(o )===\\  Lee

#3761 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:30 am

Originally posted by BadrObra on Fri 11 Jan, 2019

Hi Badr, there are certainly plenty of videos on YouTube, some of which are good and some not so good.......

If you don't mind paying then this guy is probably one of the best teachers of guitar on YouTube, he has a YouTube channel as well but it isn't really aimed at beginners but that said you will find a lot of excellent content there.

He runs a beginners online course, and if it is anything like the rest of his content it will be pretty amazing, but it has a cost. I believe the course is in progress and will run again when this one finishes (12 weeks or so). Might be worth a look :-)

https://learnpracticeplay.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Oa7Ph3v94om5OyxY1nPKg

Good luck with learning the guitar.

#3762 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2019 10:38 am
Thank you for the advises , I will see them all and I will try to learn the best of them
Thank you
#3763 Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2019 8:21 am
as discussed you have tons of free online courses and you tube videos , you can have a basic to advance level training from such material as well.
#4356 Posted Tue 03 Nov, 2020 9:58 pm

Forums > Guitar > learning guitarPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up