Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > A World Record Collaboration

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3 4 5

I wonder what it would sound like if we got those other 719 users to join in? ;-)

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Thu 13 Sep, 2018

I don't know Drew, but it would certainly be fun to find out :-)

#3612 Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2018 8:07 am

Actually, there are around 1570 current members, but many have their notifications turned off.  I'll be sending out another email blast at the end of the week.  Hopefully we'll get some more people to jump in.  :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Thu 13 Sep, 2018

1,570 - wow, that means we have less than 1% joined in.

I'd be really pleased if we could get to 100 Collaborators and with that many members surely it must be possible?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part :-)

#3613 Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2018 8:11 am
Try inviting all of them...Probably, most of them are busy with life and haven't even visited the site for a while. Maybe with an invitation it would spark their renewed involvement.
#3614 Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:37 am
Sounds like a plan Tony :)
#3615 Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2018 11:43 am

Still lots of time to get involved - be great to get some Bass added as we don't have any yet as well as any other other instruments / sounds as well.

We've broken the record for the most collaborators on a single track on ProCollabs, so well done and thanks to all who have joined in to date - but have some considerable way to go for a World Record :-)

https://www.procollabs.com/project/1326

#3620 Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:02 am
No bass? Holy moley! I've been recording all day, but I will see what i can do.
#3628 Posted Sat 22 Sep, 2018 6:46 pm
Cool, that would be great :)
#3632 Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2018 3:28 pm
Hello everyone, getting close to the deadline now and I'm going to close this down to new parts in 4 days time, it would be good to get some bass lines done if anyone fancies having a go, as well as any other sounds/instruments.

We didn't get anywhere near a world record, but we got a ProCollabs record for the highest number of collaborators on a track.

Thank you to everyone who has taken part so far :-)
#3647 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:46 am
I've now closed this to further layers and am going to put together a final arrangement and then look to get it mixed properly.

If anyone else also wants to have a go at an arrangement please do :-)
#3656 Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:30 am
I've now posted a shortened version up, this is 4' 30", it still includes every instrument and vocal, I've just removed some of the duplication.

It's a straight choice between the super long version and this one - then I will get it mixed and finished :-)
#3661 Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:36 pm
1 2 3 4 5

Forums > Community Challenges > A World Record CollaborationPage 4 of 5

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up