Music Forums

Forums > Production, Sound and Audio > AUDIO ENGINEER?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
I'm getting close to closing up a 8-10 song album and was wondering is there anyone who can "professionally" master my tracks?! :)
#1508 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 12:30 pm
I'm getting close to closing up a 8-10 song album and was wondering is there anyone who can "professionally" master my tracks?! :)

Originally posted by cameronroot on Tue 31 May, 2016

"Professionally" implies payment.. so you'll be excited to know that the "work for hire" option is coming soon to a ProCollabs near you ;)
#1509 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 12:42 pm
That's why I put in in quotations so it might imply they'll do it for freeeee!!!! Where is the charity forum?! :P
#1510 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 12:45 pm
That's why I put in in quotations so it might imply they'll do it for freeeee!!!! Where is the charity forum?! :P

Haha. I'll definitely be the first to download it and play it in my car for free :)
#1511 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 12:49 pm
I can't have my cake and eat it too...
#1512 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 12:54 pm

Actually, the wonderful thing about having agreements & split sheets in place, is that you can include the audio engineer into the sound recording copyright. Which is great because if the song does get sold or licensed, then all of the collaborators on the sound recording get a cut. :)

We have some pretty awesome audio engineers on the site - so your best bet is to do a search for them, see if they are active, then send them a PM and ask if they are willing to take the challenge. Like Lee mentioned, it is a tall order, but ya never know until you ask. :)
#1513 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 12:56 pm
Most sound engineers love cake. At least, that's what I heard.
#1514 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 1:02 pm
You guys are wonderful! I want to actually thank you big time for this site, without it I wouldn't have been able to get my songs to where they're at without dropping a few thousand dollars!! Neil Schmidt a.k.a Mudflappus, my other great hero in this endeavor!!
#1515 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 2:15 pm
You guys are wonderful! I want to actually thank you big time for this site, without it I wouldn't have been able to get my songs to where they're at without dropping a few thousand dollars!! Neil Schmidt a.k.a Mudflappus, my other great hero in this endeavor!!

Nah, not us. It's you guys that make this place what it is. We're a small community, but the music, musicians, and artists here are awesome. All we did was pay for the domain name!

Can't wait to hear you release the album. And if you make it big, come back for the rest of us :)
#1516 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 2:26 pm
haha wouldn't that be nice!!!
#1517 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 2:56 pm
1 2

Forums > Production, Sound and Audio > AUDIO ENGINEER?Page 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up