Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Mike Reno - Turn Me Loose - Isolated Vocal

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I'm a huge fan of Mike Reno so I was excited to stumble across this. 1:01 still gets me every time! :-)
#2380 Posted Sat 20 May, 2017 6:12 pm
I'm a huge fan of Mike Reno so I was excited to stumble across this. 1:01 still gets me every time! :-)

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Sat 20 May, 2017

Wow, great find! I love listening to isolated vocals, and yeah that falsetto was fabulous! :)
#2382 Posted Sat 20 May, 2017 7:11 pm
Loverboy catches a lot of crap, but I liked them quite a bit in the 80s (with the exception of the lyrics, as with most bands). Mike also worked with another band from Canada that I really liked called Moxy (most famous for "Sail On, Sail Away).

I agree that the high note was fabulous, but certainly not falsetto. :D Rock on, Mike! \m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJcupegGR1Q
#2383 Posted Sun 21 May, 2017 8:32 am
Loverboy catches a lot of crap, but I liked them quite a bit in the 80s (with the exception of the lyrics, as with most bands). Mike also worked with another band from Canada that I really liked called Moxy (most famous for "Sail On, Sail Away). I agree that the high note was fabulous, but certainly not falsetto. :D Rock on, Mike! \m/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJcupegGR1Q

Originally posted by Astronut on Sun 21 May, 2017

Great stuff here, Kev! The production reminds me of early RUSH. I'll check out the rest of their stuff. Canadian bands rock!
#2384 Posted Sun 21 May, 2017 10:02 am
I like Moxy's sound a lot. For a second it kind of reminded me of Andrew's voice.

@kevin - I know, I realized that after I wrote it. :)
#2385 Posted Sun 21 May, 2017 12:35 pm
We already know it, but Andrew is an excellent singer! :)
#2386 Posted Sun 21 May, 2017 2:09 pm
Andrew has a great voice. He does remind me of Mike Reno a lot. As for Lover Boy, I thought they wrote great songs and had super good production. But in the 80's (while I was way more into metal) I tried to avoid them. They were very hard to avoid though. I just recently picked up the first 3 Lover Boy albums on vinyl for my collection. When I listened I couldn't believe all of the stuff I missed in the mix that you can't hear on the radio
#2387 Posted Mon 22 May, 2017 9:51 am
Andrew has a great voice. He does remind me of Mike Reno a lot. As for Lover Boy, I thought they wrote great songs and had super good production. But in the 80's (while I was way more into metal) I tried to avoid them. They were very hard to avoid though. I just recently picked up the first 3 Lover Boy albums on vinyl for my collection. When I listened I couldn't believe all of the stuff I missed in the mix that you can't hear on the radio

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Mon 22 May, 2017

The first three albums are probably their best. In 2007 they released an album called Just Getting Started that I really like! ;-)
#2388 Posted Tue 23 May, 2017 12:36 pm

Forums > Hangout > Mike Reno - Turn Me Loose - Isolated VocalPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up