Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Unfinished business.......

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hi everyone, I've just had a look at the number of active projects we currently have on the site and there are around 216 (approximately). Wow.....that's quite a lot of unfinished music..... It made me wonder what, if anything, we could do to maybe start to get some of them moving again or even finished?

So let me know what you think, all thoughts and ideas are welcome whether they are serious, funny, total nonsense or any other genre of feedback you can think of :)
#2658 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 1:04 pm
Hi everyone, I've just had a look at the number of active projects we currently have on the site and there are around 216 (approximately). Wow.....that's quite a lot of unfinished music..... It made me wonder what, if anything, we could do to maybe start to get some of them moving again or even finished? So let me know what you think, all thoughts and ideas are welcome whether they are serious, funny, total nonsense or any other genre of feedback you can think of :)

Originally posted by Vuya on Tue 08 Aug, 2017

Yep. Starting with... ermmm... "A Minor Experiment". Yup! :)
#2659 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 1:06 pm
Yeah, yeah alright, I clearly asked for that one didn't I :)

The crazy thing is that it only needs closing........ which I will do a bit later!

So, ermmmm........then there will be around 215 ;-)
#2660 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 1:09 pm
Haha, Steve! You walked right into that one! ;)

Shoot, I shouldn't talk. I have projects that need to be completed too!
#2661 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 1:39 pm
I certainly did Dani :)

I just closed A Minor Experiment, 12 different collaborators, I think it's still the record - I just hope everyone is still around to complete it :))
#2662 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 2:23 pm
Time to go hunting. There has to be some kind of limitation on how long people can be away from a project & still have rights. It is unfair to have a project just sitting there because someone has gone AWOL. Is that too much to ask? Is it "part of the risk we all took?" Don't know why but that sounds like a line from something :)
#2663 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 2:33 pm
Time to go hunting. There has to be some kind of limitation on how long people can be away from a project & still have rights. It is unfair to have a project just sitting there because someone has gone AWOL. Is that too much to ask? Is it "part of the risk we all took?" Don't know why but that sounds like a line from something :)

Originally posted by ShannonB on Tue 08 Aug, 2017

You're absolutely right. There should be an option for project managers to be able to set a time/date for each project to be completed by. That is definitely something on our to-do list!
#2665 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 2:59 pm
Or maybe a clause that after so long after project manager closes the project and someone doesn't approve or contact the project manager, they forfeit their rights? Not sure how legal that is, but I'd sign something like that. Just my 2 cents.
#2666 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 3:20 pm
Yep. Starting with... ermmm... "A Minor Experiment". Yup! :)

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Tue 08 Aug, 2017

As my ten year old would say..."Do you need some Neosporin for that BURN?" ha ha
#2667 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 4:17 pm
How long is a project considered active? Is it indefinite until finished? It might be hard for some new people to figure out why they are not getting responses to their auditions or comments. I know the project manager gets notifications, but it's probably easy enough to ignore them. Perhaps neglected projects should be put in some kind of cache?......
#2668 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 4:25 pm

Forums > Hangout > Unfinished business.......Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up