Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Happy New Year! - Musical Resolutions?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone here on ProCollabs a very Happy New Year! Does anyone have any special musical resolutions for 2018? I know personally I would like to be more productive and write more than just a handful of songs this year! ;-)
#3082 Posted Sun 31 Dec, 2017 3:11 pm
Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone here on ProCollabs a very Happy New Year! Does anyone have any special musical resolutions for 2018? I know personally I would like to be more productive and write more than just a handful of songs this year! ;-)

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Sun 31 Dec, 2017

Thanks so much, Drew - Happy New Year! :)

I definitely need to get back into creating music on a regular basis, as opposed to just writing one song every few months or so. I also have to make it a point to close/complete my current 'open' projects.
#3083 Posted Sun 31 Dec, 2017 4:24 pm
More 'scales' for me!
#3084 Posted Mon 01 Jan, 2018 9:49 am
Happy New Year Drew (and everyone else). I’m also hoping to be more productive this year, 2017 was definitely a lean year on the music front for me........
#3085 Posted Mon 01 Jan, 2018 10:55 am
More 'scales' for me!

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Mon 01 Jan, 2018

Ahh Scales.......the hidden ‘pain’ of every guitarist and there’s so many :-)
#3086 Posted Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:03 am
Ahh Scales.......the hidden ‘pain’ of every guitarist and there’s so many :-)

Originally posted by Vuya on Mon 01 Jan, 2018

Scales, that is not guitarists - although on second thoughts...........
#3087 Posted Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:46 am
I'll do as much as I can as cheaply (inexpensively) as I can. Saving up for a mission trip to Kenya, so I won't be making any visits to the local producer until at least June.
2017 I had planned to look for publishers for rough material, but I got so busy collabing that I never had time to look. So maybe this year, if collabing slows down, I'll look for a publisher.
I think I have enough material for at least one open mic night :)
And, oh yeah, I still can't sing to a track to save my life :(
Need to get some you tube videos up. But hey! I finally got Walking Away up! It's just a lyric video, but I gotsta start somewhere!
#3088 Posted Mon 01 Jan, 2018 1:11 pm
Shooting for 12 great songs in 2018, an average of one per month. Need to especially work on lyric writing this year - that is the toughest thing for me. Also, got to work on my mixing skills.
#3089 Posted Mon 01 Jan, 2018 7:08 pm
Shooting for 12 great songs in 2018, an average of one per month. Need to especially work on lyric writing this year - that is the toughest thing for me. Also, got to work on my mixing skills.

Originally posted by JmanJamz on Mon 01 Jan, 2018

I like your idea of shooting for one song a month. Sounds like a very realistic goal. I usually don't like writing within time restraints, but it's a great idea to set time frames to stay focused. I noticed how that worked with our challenges. Somehow it all gets done in time! ;-)
#3090 Posted Tue 02 Jan, 2018 3:33 pm

Forums > Hangout > Happy New Year! - Musical Resolutions?Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up