Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > New mixer

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I think this is probably in forums somewhere, but how do we use the new mixer feature? Wait, is it in the newsletter? Ok, remind me again how we get to the newsletter.... :)
Found it! Still way over my head. Can a producer fix all my mess ups? Cause all I know about bits is that you put them in a horse's mouth to make him go where you want him to go. And I might not even be right about that! :))))) Really, all I know how to do is write lyrics and sing them....But I've still seen some really good results at times. Thank you, all you mixing engineer & instrument playing types!
#3335 Posted Mon 14 May, 2018 3:59 pm
I think this is probably in forums somewhere, but how do we use the new mixer feature? Wait, is it in the newsletter? Ok, remind me again how we get to the newsletter.... :) Found it! Still way over my head. Can a producer fix all my mess ups? Cause all I know about bits is that you put them in a horse's mouth to make him go where you want him to go. And I might not even be right about that! :))))) Really, all I know how to do is write lyrics and sing them....But I've still seen some really good results at times. Thank you, all you mixing engineer & instrument playing types!

Originally posted by ShannonB on Mon 14 May, 2018

Hi Shannon - yeah, it was in the April newsletter. https://www.procollabs.com/newsletters/nl29-apr2018

Also, you can go to: Community/Newsletters

The rough mixer is pretty simple, in the future we might be able to tweak it or perhaps implement a better one. Basically, it gives you an idea of what all the tracks in a project sound like, by playing them simultaneously. Although it can get quite messy if the tracks do not have a sync tone on them.
#3336 Posted Mon 14 May, 2018 4:06 pm
You guys ( and girls :) just keep getting better & better! I'm excited to be back & seeing some magic happening with my stuff. Pretty soon, I'm gonna take over the pimping again! :)
#3337 Posted Mon 14 May, 2018 4:09 pm
You guys ( and girls :) just keep getting better & better! I'm excited to be back & seeing some magic happening with my stuff. Pretty soon, I'm gonna take over the pimping again! :)

Originally posted by ShannonB on Mon 14 May, 2018

Haha, good to have ya back! :)
#3338 Posted Mon 14 May, 2018 4:10 pm

Forums > Hangout > New mixerPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up