Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > What's the general consensus on playlisting each other on Spotify?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Granted, most artists don't have actual personally owned accounts anymore due to automation through digital distributors, but many do still operate that way. And if you're currently self publishing on only a handful of platforms (YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc) then I can personally see it as a sort of grass roots alternative to playlist plugging through a distributor. And even if you aren't self publishing, but DO still own your own artist account, then that sort of leg-up is something I think would be kind of nice bonus for collaboration. Just an idea, but I'd like to get some outside input on it, to either confirm or deny that it sounds as good on paper as it does in my head.

Also... Hi, this is my first post here. Love the site, and hope to see many great things for it in the future.

Anyway, thoughts?
#3842 Posted Tue 26 Mar, 2019 1:30 pm
Granted, most artists don't have actual personally owned accounts anymore due to automation through digital distributors, but many do still operate that way. And if you're currently self publishing on only a handful of platforms (YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc) then I can personally see it as a sort of grass roots alternative to playlist plugging through a distributor. And even if you aren't self publishing, but DO still own your own artist account, then that sort of leg-up is something I think would be kind of nice bonus for collaboration. Just an idea, but I'd like to get some outside input on it, to either confirm or deny that it sounds as good on paper as it does in my head. Also... Hi, this is my first post here. Love the site, and hope to see many great things for it in the future. Anyway, thoughts?

Originally posted by StanOfManyMoons on Tue 26 Mar, 2019

Well on the basis that you are potentially reaching a wider audience then it has to be a good thing and certainly sounds good on paper. I guess ultimately it depends on how many people follow any individual member as to the "reach" and who then benefits most. By that I mean if someone had 30K followers and someone else only had 1K then they are pushing out to a much wider audience than they usually would. As long as everyone is happy, it works.

It might also get some of the members on here to start "pushing" their music out there a bit more :-)

#3843 Posted Wed 27 Mar, 2019 6:58 am

Forums > Hangout > What's the general consensus on playlisting each other on Spotify?Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up