Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Collaboration activity?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2

I was just curious on the collaboration activity here? I've joined a while back and have recently uploaded a couple tracks. I've noticed there isnt much artist interaction or activity and wanted to see if it was worth sticking around.... There is some great talent on here but I just wanted to to get other peoples input, opinions, and thoughts. Thanks.

#3922 Posted Sun 04 Aug, 2019 8:06 pm
That’s a really good question and one I raised a few weeks back.

There’s no doubt there are some really talented artists here but also that the activity levels are quite low.

We are looking at ways to increase the levels of collaboration, like the Challenges but ultimately it’s down to members how much they do or don’t want to engage. It really baffles me why it’s so low but I do know that what you don’t get here is just ‘something’ posted as an audition. Most auditions tend to be a high standard and maybe that goes some way to explaining why activity levels are low! Less activity, but higher quality - but that’s just my thoughts though.

Any ideas on getting more activity would be welcomed.
#3923 Posted Mon 05 Aug, 2019 1:27 am

I was just curious on the collaboration activity here? I've joined a while back and have recently uploaded a couple tracks. I've noticed there isnt much artist interaction or activity and wanted to see if it was worth sticking around.... There is some great talent on here but I just wanted to to get other peoples input, opinions, and thoughts. Thanks.

Originally posted by sixways2fade on Sun 04 Aug, 2019

lets work together
#3924 Posted Tue 06 Aug, 2019 7:28 am
Yes, I agree with you. I joined July 9, 2019 and find little activity. I reached out to several members but have not gotten any response. I write lyrics and look for composer.
#3925 Posted Sat 10 Aug, 2019 6:48 am
Yes, I agree with you. I joined July 9, 2019 and find little activity. I reached out to several members but have not gotten any response. I write lyrics and look for composer.

Originally posted by MaryAnn115 on Sat 10 Aug, 2019

Hi MaryAnn, I have been working on some music for your P.O.W Hymn - but it’s not yet at a place to share, I’ll post a short concept once it’s ready ;-)

We are working on a few things to try and get more activity moving, I’m sure once we get some traction it will start the ball rolling.

#3926 Posted Sat 10 Aug, 2019 9:01 am
This website is relatively young, and we musicians are fickle. We move around looking for the next new thing. There's nothing wrong with the website itself; it just takes a little time and even the loosest commitment. :) Hang in there all you moderators, and especially you producers.
If you've got a little bit of money, MonkeyC will do an awesome production for you!
#3927 Posted Sat 10 Aug, 2019 11:51 am
It seems to me that there isn't a lack of new projects, but rather a lack of people auditioning for them and joining them. How about a small reward in PC-bucks for joining a project?

Another possibly related issue is dead projects. I'm currently waiting for responses about three different auditions that are several months old. This phenomenon doesn't encourage to spend time recording and posting an audition. I think an aged unresponded audition should be a marker of a dead project and that dead projects should be removed from PC. Of course notifications to the manager should be sent before removal.
#3928 Posted Sat 10 Aug, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi MaryAnn, I have been working on some music for your P.O.W Hymn - but it’s not yet at a place to share, I’ll post a short concept once it’s ready ;-)

We are working on a few things to try and get more activity moving, I’m sure once we get some traction it will start the ball rolling.

Originally posted by Vuya on Sat 10 Aug, 2019

Thank you for your time and interest. I am delighted to know someone is working on P.O.W. There is a community in Florida wafting delightfully for the music. Again thank you!
#3929 Posted Sat 10 Aug, 2019 6:48 pm
This Refer a Friend campaign is a good thing. However, I'm wondering is this lack of activity due to the amount of members or something else. To me it looks like there's new members joining all the time, but so few actually collaborate.
#3930 Posted Tue 13 Aug, 2019 4:47 am

It's probably worth considering what 'activity' might look like on the site also. For example, in my own projects, a lot of project activity is done offline (writing, recording, mixing, etc.) and comms often through pm's or the private 'writing room' and other tools such as Skype. So you might see the occassional upload or comment on a project, but actually, there's a lot going on that is not reflected in the stream.

It certainly seems to be the case that a lot of new people just join out of curiousity, and then either forget they joined and don't come back or just move on. I think that is probably common on many platforms, and I'm certainly guilty of the same behaviour on other sites that catch my interest. For example, I recently joined Redit.. and have yet to read a single post.

As a community, perhaps being more forward and welcoming to new members could help. I think a lot of new members are unclear about what to do or how things work, even if they are keen. The platform is a basic tool that does a particular job, namely, providing a private space for likeminded musicians to meet and work on music and songs together. On its own, it is does nothing. Members have to interact in order for it to work. So welcoming new members with 'Scribbles' or a pm might be a great way for existing members to encourage new members. Inviting new members to your own projects is another idea.. even just for a fun project if you are looking for more social interaction (though not everyone is looking for that).

Would love to hear more thoughts from everyone on this subject.

#3931 Posted Tue 13 Aug, 2019 5:50 am
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Collaboration activity?Page 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up