Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Darrell Thorpe on Cannibal Stew!

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hey guys. Had to share this kinda cool news!

As well as being a dedicated loyalist of ProCollabs.com innocent I sometimes mosy on over to puremix.com for some mixing education and the occasional session feedback.

Well, we just had Darrell Thorpe come in and do a little feedback session on some of the tracks posted there and I nervously posted a Spicy Folk tune "Cannibal Stew" for feedback. So it was super cool to get some positive feedback from a real producer/mix guru as well as have him zoom in and pinpoint a couple of specific problem areas that I wasn't hearing myself. 

I always find it really helpful and appreciate when others give feedback and opinions on a mix I'm working on but getting feedback from a dude with "Foo Fighters" in his credits and just a few Grammys under his belt, I have to admit, was supppper awesome and confidence-boosting!  

You can check out the whole session on YouTube, where Darrell covers quite a few tracks; and you can find our track, Canibal Stew at 01:21:20.

#4383 Posted Sat 05 Dec, 2020 1:02 pm

As well as being a dedicated loyalist of ProCollabs.com innocent I sometimes mosy on over to puremix.com for some mixing education and the occasional session feedback.

Well, we just had Darrell Thorpe come in and do a little feedback session on some of the tracks posted there and I nervously posted a Spicy Folk tune "Cannibal Stew" for feedback. So it was super cool to get some positive feedback from a real producer/mix guru as well as have him zoom in and pinpoint a couple of specific problem areas that I wasn't hearing myself. 

I always find it really helpful and appreciate when others give feedback and opinions on a mix I'm working on but getting feedback from a dude with "Foo Fighters" in his credits and just a few Grammys under his belt, I have to admit, was supppper awesome and confidence-boosting!  

You can check out the whole session on YouTube, where Darrell covers quite a few tracks; and you can find our track, Canibal Stew at 01:21:20.

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Sat 05 Dec, 2020

Wow, that is f-ing cool! 

I love the way that song was produced, you really did a fantastic job.  I do agree with Mr. Thorp regarding the buv's during the chorus.  If I recall, I had about 8 tracks for the buv's, and I believe Drew had a few as well - so it was a big task.  

Thanks for sharing!  :)

#4384 Posted Sat 05 Dec, 2020 1:53 pm

That's awesome :-)

#4385 Posted Sat 05 Dec, 2020 4:32 pm

Great song guys.

Wish the reviewer used a microphone of better quaity than a laptop, music was super pumped in volume too, scared the pants off of me:)

#4386 Posted Mon 07 Dec, 2020 12:43 am
Yeah, that was a fun song to make! One of my personal favs :)
#4387 Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2020 7:11 am

Very cool, Lee! It's always great to get this kind of constructive feedback on songs and mixes.

@Dani... I don't think my backing vox are on this particular mix but perhaps they're mixed low.

#4388 Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2020 5:42 pm
Way to represent! I'm not surprised, but I'm still impressed. Congrats! :)
#4389 Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2020 9:11 pm

Hey Lee,

did he really listen through headphones to evaluate a mix? wink

Anyway, very good work from all of you. cool

#4402 Posted Tue 02 Feb, 2021 3:41 am

Forums > Hangout > Darrell Thorpe on Cannibal Stew!Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up