Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Mothsounds

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Speaking of collaboration, I'm proud of the latest release we've put out with friends Mike & Jason. It's called Mothsounds and has an indie rock/shoegaze sound. It's hard to believe I've been working on music with these lovely people for ten years now. It's funny. I started playing music 45 years ago, traveled, studied, practiced, gigged, taught, wrote a book on drumming, and yet, the most growth I've known in my career has been in the last ten years while collaborating with a handful of like-minded musicians. They have challenged me, taught me, supported me, befriended me, and most importantly, inspired me to improve on every level.

https://mothsounds.bandcamp.com/album/mothsounds

#4498 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 9:12 am

At first I accidentally went to mouthsounds.bandcamp.com and was thinking wtf.

Excellent! You guys really make great music. I was listening and recognized a few songs from the past. For a minute I thought "All that we've lost" was on Cambium. I had to check hehe. It's really nice to hear another collection from you guys. Talk to you psoon

#4502 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 2:49 pm

Speaking of collaboration, I'm proud of the latest release we've put out with friends Mike & Jason. It's called Mothsounds and has an indie rock/shoegaze sound. It's hard to believe I've been working on music with these lovely people for ten years now. It's funny. I started playing music 45 years ago, traveled, studied, practiced, gigged, taught, wrote a book on drumming, and yet, the most growth I've known in my career has been in the last ten years while collaborating with a handful of like-minded musicians. They have challenged me, taught me, supported me, befriended me, and most importantly, inspired me to improve on every level.

Originally posted by Astronut on Mon 21 Jun, 2021

You guys create amazing music together.  Congrats on this collection!  :)

#4503 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 3:53 pm
Great stuff, Kev! Streaming it on Spotify right now! ;-)
#4507 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 5:37 pm

At first I accidentally went to mouthsounds.bandcamp.com and was thinking wtf.

Excellent! You guys really make great music. I was listening and recognized a few songs from the past. For a minute I thought "All that we've lost" was on Cambium. I had to check hehe. It's really nice to hear another collection from you guys. Talk to you psoon

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Mon 21 Jun, 2021

haha! MOUTH sounds...oh man, what a horrible thought/sound. :D

#4508 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 7:30 pm
Dani, Drew, and Vic...thank you! :)
#4509 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 7:30 pm

Originally posted by Astronut on Mon 21 Jun, 2021

Sounding great Kev :-)

#4520 Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2021 2:05 pm

Sounding great Kev :-)

Originally posted by Vuya on Tue 22 Jun, 2021

Thank you! :) We tend to write for our own pleasure, but it's icing on the cake to get other ears on it, too.

#4523 Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2021 10:26 pm

Forums > Hangout > MothsoundsPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up