Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Stems or Multitracks: Bob Clearmountain Clears It Up

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 
Wait I thought a sep was a file with a super loud sync tone attached upfront to wake up your entire household after you've loaded the 14 tracks of drums made with toontracks that have fake bleed through all the close mikes.

Originally posted by GoodVibes on Wed 23 Jun, 2021

Ha! I forgot all about those super loud sync tones. I think they are the the reason for most of my hearing loss.

#4527 Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:55 am
I thought the sync tone went on the end

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Wed 23 Jun, 2021

My tracks are nothing but one continuous sync tone that's out of sync!

#4528 Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2021 5:20 pm

Do you really need them if you get the tempo right? IF you render the whole track and the tempo is right, it should line up no? I thought they were annoying yet everyone insisted on them I havent used one in 5 years I think

#4529 Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2021 8:44 pm

Do you really need them if you get the tempo right? IF you render the whole track and the tempo is right, it should line up no? I thought they were annoying yet everyone insisted on them I havent used one in 5 years I think

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Wed 23 Jun, 2021

I dunno, we'll have to wait for Bob to chime in on that but I wouldn't hold your breath as I just don't think he likes them either.

#4533 Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2021 7:16 am

My tracks are nothing but one continuous sync tone that's out of sync!

Originally posted by Astronut on Wed 23 Jun, 2021

Time for another red project based on just that. Double points if you use a ring modulator and get both to actually sound musical.

#4534 Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2021 7:18 am

Ha! I forgot all about those super loud sync tones. I think they are the the reason for most of my hearing loss.

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Wed 23 Jun, 2021

What was that?

#4535 Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2021 7:19 am
1 2 

Forums > Hangout > Stems or Multitracks: Bob Clearmountain Clears It UpPage 2 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up