Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > How many mix/master auditions can I accept

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I'm still new to all this and have a question; I've had quite a few people do mixes/masters for a song and I really like all of them. Is it ok to accept all of them or should I just pick my absolute favourite? It's really very hard to make a decision. 

#4870 Posted Sun 26 Jun, 2022 9:09 am

I'm still new to all this and have a question; I've had quite a few people do mixes/masters for a song and I really like all of them. Is it ok to accept all of them or should I just pick my absolute favourite? It's really very hard to make a decision. 

Originally posted by Kawakeman on Sun 26 Jun, 2022

Hi! Good question. 

Well, for the completion of the project on procollabs itself, you can only have one master. So in that sense, you must pick just one.

However, I would say there is still nothing wrong with having multiple versions following the completion of the project. Things to consider would be copyright ownership in the master, and how that would be agreed by any other rights owners. You could potentially do it as a new project, duplicating the first, but using the new master. If you have collaborators, this would have to be coordinated, but it might be an option. Maybe also depends on the writer's intentions for the song (something for professional use, artist release, or just for fun?).

Personally speaking, unless there was good reason, I would probably try to stick with just having one master and make sure that is everything you want it to be. Otherwise, it might just start getting too complicated.

Hope that is helpful.

#4871 Posted Sun 26 Jun, 2022 9:47 am
That makes sense, thank you! It will be hard choosing…
#4872 Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2022 3:30 am

Forums > Hangout > How many mix/master auditions can I acceptPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up