Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Before After Again - "Again"

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2

Jason and I recently completed our second release. If you enjoy guitars with synthesizers, post-punk, darkwave, electronic rock, have a listen. It's available on all the usual places. :) Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

#4890 Posted Sat 03 Sep, 2022 8:57 pm

Jason and I recently completed our second release. If you enjoy guitars with synthesizers, post-punk, darkwave, electronic rock, have a listen. It's available on all the usual places. :) Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Originally posted by Astronut on Sat 03 Sep, 2022

Jason sounds amazing, and you did an incredible job on the music, kevin.  You guys are so damn talented! 

Thanks for sharing.  :)

#4891 Posted Sat 03 Sep, 2022 10:00 pm

Originally posted by Astronut on Sat 03 Sep, 2022

I was tempted to report you for a catchy bass line :)

I used to hate this style of English music and vocal in the day, nowdays I have a much greater appreciation for it. At the time I was too busy judging songs based on the quality of guitar solo, synths were alien to me then.

#4893 Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2022 4:20 am

Jason sounds amazing, and you did an incredible job on the music, kevin.  You guys are so damn talented! 

Thanks for sharing.  :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Sat 03 Sep, 2022

Thank you! :)

#4894 Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2022 8:06 am

I used to hate this style of English music and vocal in the day, nowdays I have a much greater appreciation for it. At the time I was too busy judging songs based on the quality of guitar solo, synths were alien to me then.

Originally posted by GoodVibes on Mon 05 Sep, 2022

haha! Maybe we've all diversified over the years as songwriters. Expanding the palette is a good thing, right? There are no real guitar solos on our stuff because I'm not a lead guitarist. :D

The first time I heard synthesizers, it sounded like the future. My opinion on that hasn't changed either decades later. :)

This is my favorite synth album of all-time. 1971! Compared to what Mort Garson was known for vs. this, you have to ask yourself what caused this shift in his career. Synthesizers? Drugs? Curiosity? The occult? I have no idea, but this record is timeless and retro at the same time to my ears. My best  friend in high school gave this record to me, saying it was evil and he wanted to get it out of the house. His father used to host a "haunted house" in their barn using this as the soundtrack. The record, along with everything else, was destroyed in our house fire. I found another copy around 1987 for $25. It sits in a frame next to me here in the studio and continues to inspire me to this day.

#4895 Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2022 8:15 am
Great song, Kev! Night Gone is fantastic too!
#4896 Posted Mon 05 Sep, 2022 5:18 pm
Great song, Kev! Night Gone is fantastic too!

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Mon 05 Sep, 2022

Thanks! Jason is a great songwriter. We work well together, so it makes it easy. :)

#4898 Posted Sun 11 Sep, 2022 7:42 am

This video took longer to make than I had intended, but it turned out okay. More weirdo music for weirdos. :D

#4901 Posted Wed 14 Sep, 2022 9:29 pm

This video took longer to make than I had intended, but it turned out okay. More weirdo music for weirdos. :D

Originally posted by Astronut on Wed 14 Sep, 2022

THATS AWESOME. It all sounds so right. I really wish JW would get himself in one of these videos. He deserves to be. Both of you guys actually

#4902 Posted Thu 15 Sep, 2022 12:34 am

Originally posted by GoodVibes on Mon 05 Sep, 2022

I was the same way. But then Gary Newman blew me away. It was so different and was still rock. Reminding me of Bowie in the Eno days didnt hurt either. Synths give you a lot of freedom to create and are especially superior in creating a mood IMO. The number of sounds you can make without being strapped to a piece of wood with strings makes them a game changer. It's still art. At the speaker end, it's all just vibrations. So to me, synths are totally valid in music. I have a really crazy synth tune in the crockpot for a while now  because I'm sort of missing this stuff from my diet. Ive been on a hard rock kick for too long.

#4903 Posted Thu 15 Sep, 2022 12:48 am
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Before After Again - "Again"Page 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up