Music Forums

Forums > Legal > Using Attribution 3.0 sounds from freesounds.org

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I used some crowd sound effects in a song I was working on (https://www.procollabs.com/project/1432).  I was trying to meet the deadline to post the song, but got hung up on how finish the copywrite seciton.  I used some sound fx from freesounds.org.  When filling out the credit portion of the page I thought I would have to attribute credit for these sound clips. But it start to seem complicated, and I was hoping there was some kind of guidence I could follow?

Thanks, Paul

#3740 Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2018 12:22 am

I used some crowd sound effects in a song I was working on (https://www.procollabs.com/project/1432).  I was trying to meet the deadline to post the song, but got hung up on how finish the copywrite seciton.  I used some sound fx from freesounds.org.  When filling out the credit portion of the page I thought I would have to attribute credit for these sound clips. But it start to seem complicated, and I was hoping there was some kind of guidence I could follow?

Thanks, Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Sun 23 Dec, 2018

Hi Paul - when you're in the 'Credit' section, click the drop down menu and choose 'Performance', then choose 'Other' and type in Sound Effects.  Then click on 'Non-Member' and enter the Artists name, if applicable.  Below that you'll see 'Contact' then 'Website'.  If you don't have their email you can leave it blank, just click in 'Website' and enter the URL of the site you got the sound effects from.  Then press 'Add This Credit'.  

Hope that helps. 

Don't worry about the deadline, once you've completed the project just let us know.  :)

#3741 Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2018 12:37 am

Thanks, Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Sun 23 Dec, 2018

Hi Paul. Since it is a work that you've used under license, rather than credits (you can still do that if you want to name the artist etc.) you should use the "Derivative Works" section. Here, you can enter the licensing info and provide a link to the original. 

Only thing is I just spotted that it mentions v.4 here in the dropdown. But just ignore that for now. I think we will just remove the version mentions at some point. 

#3743 Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2018 5:10 am
Should be good now. Creative Commons v3 option was added.
#3745 Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2018 5:57 am
Thanks guys! I was able to find all the references and fill in the info. I've closed my project, but now I'm waiting on one contributor to approve there part. Then I think I'll be able to post in the store.

Paul
#3752 Posted Thu 27 Dec, 2018 4:38 pm
Thanks guys! I was able to find all the references and fill in the info. I've closed my project, but now I'm waiting on one contributor to approve there part. Then I think I'll be able to post in the store. Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Thu 27 Dec, 2018

FYI, Britt the contributor finalized the contract and it's in the store now - Paul

#3759 Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2019 9:36 am

Forums > Legal > Using Attribution 3.0 sounds from freesounds.orgPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up