Music Forums

Forums > Project Critique > Panophobia: arrangement/mixing?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I am going for a Tool/Perfect circle vibe! https://www.procollabs.com/project/1910/track/10148 with the drums just added what felt. right not sure if it is? arrangement/mixing? it sounds good to me, although I have been getting it drilled in my head giving me bias feedback would be nice?
#4088 Posted Fri 07 Feb, 2020 2:40 am
You have made some unorthodox choices, but there is no right and wrong. I would pan the drums to the middle, the bass too, the guitars separated to both sides. The amount of possibilities is endless.

You could listen to a similar professionally produced song that you like and compare your track with that. See what ideas you get.
#4089 Posted Fri 07 Feb, 2020 2:02 pm
You have made some unorthodox choices, but there is no right and wrong. I would pan the drums to the middle, the bass too, the guitars separated to both sides. The amount of possibilities is endless. You could listen to a similar professionally produced song that you like and compare your track with that. See what ideas you get.

Originally posted by aksu on Fri 07 Feb, 2020

sorry for the late reply been busy on other stuff!
"unorthodox choices" note sure what you're referring to? anywho! I will compare tracks and see if it helps me thank you!
#4093 Posted Mon 10 Feb, 2020 5:28 am
I'm referring to the guitars panned hard left and the drums panned right.
#4094 Posted Mon 10 Feb, 2020 9:48 am
I'm referring to the guitars panned hard left and the drums panned right.

Originally posted by aksu on Mon 10 Feb, 2020

only guitars are paned https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jiF_dZa1PbwZ2BSa6Y8QkQFN_rDE7FLR/view?usp=sharing
not sure why it would sound like that weird! unless its fl studio exporting it wrong? I will export tracks separately to see if that's what's wrong.
#4095 Posted Mon 10 Feb, 2020 2:07 pm

Forums > Project Critique > Panophobia: arrangement/mixing?Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up