Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > The ProCollabs Cut Up Challenge

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi all! This is my first post and I am excited to join this challenge - what an awesome idea. I think it is really fun to work with some constraints, it opens up different ways of doing things. Even though I'm starting a little late, there's still one month so we'll see what comes up! (Hey, here's another constraint - time!) I have one collaborator on this and I think we will come up with something fun.
#2445 Posted Thu 15 Jun, 2017 12:56 pm
Hi all! This is my first post and I am excited to join this challenge - what an awesome idea. I think it is really fun to work with some constraints, it opens up different ways of doing things. Even though I'm starting a little late, there's still one month so we'll see what comes up! (Hey, here's another constraint - time!) I have one collaborator on this and I think we will come up with something fun.

Originally posted by DinoSonix on Thu 15 Jun, 2017

Hey, Dino. Looking forward to hearing whatcha got!
#2446 Posted Thu 15 Jun, 2017 2:51 pm

Originally posted by DinoSonix on Thu 15 Jun, 2017

Brilliant, nice one Dino, looking forward to hearing what you do :)
#2447 Posted Thu 15 Jun, 2017 5:20 pm
I like this challenge simply because it gave me a new way to get 'unstuck' when I need to write lyrics. It shifts my brain, if you will. The only reason I haven't participated is because of time limitations. I joined ProCollabs because I really do like to collaborate and experience the camaraderie shared with my fellow musicians. It's just that I only have a limited amount of time to participate in things. I think I do better when someone else starts the challenge and I mosey in and contribute. I tend to feel a bit of pressure when I start a project because I feel the need to be responsive to people who have taken the time and contributed their wonderful talents to my project. When I get in a time crunch, then it becomes less fun because it is a 'have to' instead of a 'want to'. Just answering Vuya's questions and offering comments. Still love the site!
#2468 Posted Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:14 pm
Hey Kimber, I totally get that (and I have experienced the time challenge issue recently as well). You never know, someone may start an entry you really like and you can jump in :)

I love the site too, and the great people here :))
#2470 Posted Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:20 pm
Our song is up. We have a few more things to do.
https://www.procollabs.com/project/874/track/5367
#2506 Posted Sat 24 Jun, 2017 8:22 am
And it sounds sounds really great V1ctor, a brilliant entry to the challenge :)
#2507 Posted Sun 25 Jun, 2017 11:08 am
hi people,
here is my cuc-project, it was fun to write new text...
https://www.procollabs.com/project/876
#2510 Posted Wed 28 Jun, 2017 7:57 am
Great, thanks dryfat, let's hope some other members get involved and help you bring it to life :)
#2513 Posted Fri 30 Jun, 2017 2:06 pm
Here is the final version of "Red Dust to Red Dust". Ryan on vocals and Michiel's production hit it out of the park on this song. Hope you all enjoy our contribution to the Bowie Challenge!

https://www.procollabs.com/project/834

The project is in the process of being closed so not sure if this link will still work when it closes?
#2525 Posted Wed 05 Jul, 2017 9:06 pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forums > Community Challenges > The ProCollabs Cut Up ChallengePage 6 of 9

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up