Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > The ProCollabs Cut Up Challenge

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thanks. Just waiting for the others to approve their share I guess
#2561 Posted Fri 14 Jul, 2017 3:24 pm
Sorry, I had to go out for a bit but it sounds like you pretty much got it sorted : )
#2562 Posted Fri 14 Jul, 2017 4:32 pm
Yes. All good. Thanks
#2567 Posted Sat 15 Jul, 2017 4:21 pm
I Just wanted to shout-out a huge thank you to everyone who participated in this challenge. I think it was the most challenging 'challenge' we've had thus far.

We have 4 amazing songs that sound so different, yet they all have that underlining classic Bowie sound. Truly impressed with every song, you guys are so talented!

Tomorrow we'll be applying the $10.00 credit to your accounts.

Thank you again, and a special thanks to Steve for coming up with, arranging & organizing the challenge. :)
#2569 Posted Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:43 pm
Hi Everyone! Just a quick note that my CUC project "Heroes and Freak Shows" was just uploaded here - https://www.procollabs.com/completed/888 . This was a really fun and fruitful collaboration with fellow member thewabe. WE went through a couple of topic ideas but once we settled on this one, the lyrics almost wrote themselves. Thanks for coming up with this challenge idea! I am pretty sure that if I am ever stuck for inspiration, I'll try to create lyrics from a random cut up source - it is a fantastic creative exercise!
#2570 Posted Sun 16 Jul, 2017 12:22 am
Nice work everyone. Some really awesome songs and great to see this approach to songwriting in action.

Thanks to Steve (Vuya) for putting this all together.

You guys rock!
#2571 Posted Sun 16 Jul, 2017 4:29 am
Yes, big thanks to everyone who took part and as Lee says some really awesome songs came out of it.
#2572 Posted Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:36 am
hello people,
thank you very much for the first grammy in my life. :)
and big up for the steve and his great idea with the challenge and danis spoken words for the song.
now i need a really cool german beer for this - cheers. :)
#2574 Posted Sun 16 Jul, 2017 10:04 am
Thanks for the account credit and Grammy!

I had always wanted to write a Bowie inspired tune. Thank you ProCollabs for giving me the reason to do it and huge thanks to Ryan and Michiel for their gifted collaboration. Working with extremely talented people from all over the world has been a wonderful experience and has taken my music far beyond where I ever thought it would be. It was great to hear the approaches of the other groups... all excellent songs. Keep rockin' my friends!
#2575 Posted Sun 16 Jul, 2017 11:04 am
Congratulations everyone! This challenge was a lot of fun. Not only have I enjoyed listening to the different songs, I've also learned a few things along the way which is pretty cool. Cheers! :)
#2576 Posted Sun 16 Jul, 2017 11:12 am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forums > Community Challenges > The ProCollabs Cut Up ChallengePage 8 of 9

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up